In the February issue of Reason, Radley Balko has written an excellent, comprhensive summary of the largely unknown constitutional abuse of the public known as civil forfeiture law. In The Forfeiture Racket, Radley lays out some of the more heinous current abuses and the history of the forfeiture law’s end run around the contitution. Radley details how the law enforcement tag team of prosecutors and cops use this racket to keep what is essentially stolen property for their own agencies, including personal junkets. The complete article is here.
Track Down ExPat ExLawyer on Twitter
- @Max_Fisher @davidfrum The figures were wrong, why don't you admit it. 3 days ago
- @jaredpolis @RepJaredPolis Please report back to constits asap. Concerned that what you saw may have been stage crafted. Pls end wh secrecy 4 days ago
- RT @dafullertonian: So I'm following @RepWeiner now. His profile pic needs to be updated. AHEM! 2 years ago
- Hilarious mocumentary "ad" for Barry: Attack Watch Commercial youtube.com/watch?v=-XYKRo… via @youtube 2 years ago
- Citizen Ticketed For Directing Traffic After Police Fail To In South Pasadena: losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/09/09/cit… via @AddThis 2 years ago